Sea Star Villa is a fully equipped home away from home. We have shampoo, conditioner, sunblock, beach towels, snorkeling gear. Make sure you bring with you:
• Comfortable & casual clothing (the temperature in St. Thomas ranges from 75- 90 degrees Fahrenheit all year round)
• A dressier outfit, although you’ll find St. Thomas has a casual island vibe
• Passport (for visiting nearby BVI)
• Reading materials
If you have any additional questions about what is provided at the house, please reach out to Chris Brewer.
We strongly recommend that you rent car. Most tourists prefer SUVs as many of the roads are pretty steep and can have potholes. Remember we drive on the left!
Chris Brewer, or a member of his team, will meet you at the airport, take you to pick up your rental car, and lead you to the Villa. They will also provide you with keys and give you a orientation to the property. Make sure to provide Chris with your flight arrival information at least 6 weeks before you arrive and keep him updated on any changes and delays.
There are several grocery stores within a 10 minute drive from the villa. Food Center is a larger grocery store with a wide selection of all kinds of food. Moe’s in Red Hook has a nice selection of meats and organic produce and is slightly more expensive. Both stores have a full wine and beer section. Remember we provide advance provisions if requested. Contact Chris
for details on this additional service. We can also schedule a professional chef to come cater a meal(s) at the villa. Again, contact Chris if you would like to set up this service.
Our private beach of course! Just walk down the steps and enjoy a private and fully equipped beach. If you would like to venture off-property, the beach in front of the Ritz Carlton resort is your next closest beach. All beaches in St. Thomas are public, therefor open to everyone. A few of our other favorite (and nearby) beaches are Secret Harbor Beach, Vessup Beach, Sapphire Beach, and Lindquist Beach. The famous Megan’s Bay Beach is a precious gem of St Thomas and is about a 20 minute drive from the villa. There are also several breathtaking beaches on the nearby island of St. John. The ferry to St. John runs regularly and leaves from Red Hook Ferry Dock, just a 10 minute or less drive from the villa.
In addition to several beaches, there are many easy accessible activities close to Sea Star Villa. Numerous water activities are available such as private power boat charters around the USVI or into the BVI, day sails, snorkeling tours, scuba driving trips, and parasailing are all available on St. Thomas. For our land lovers there are also several activities including island tours, trips to St. John, and of course shopping. We are happy to set up any activities in advance for you. Please contact Chris to discuss options.
Sea Star is conveniently located on the East End of St. Thomas, just minutes away from
several places to enjoy a drink or a meal. Make sure to check out:
• Sunset Grill at Secret Harbor: Wonderful restaurant right on the beautiful Secret Harbor Beach.
• Caribbean Fish Market: An upscale restaurant with a Caribbean inspired menu The Red Hook neighborhood is also within a few minute drive. In Red Hook, stop by:
• Island Time Pub: An open air sport bar. Great pizzas.
• Tap & Still: Great section of beers and the best burgers on island
• Fish Tails: Overlooks the marina and serves up local and fresh fish. Make sure to try the sushi!
• XO Bistro: Great air-conditioned spot for a nice glass of wine and a great meal
• Duffy’s Love Shack: An infamous bar right in the Red Hook Shopping Plaza parking lot. Wednesday is Ladies Night.
The drinking age here is 18.
There is a medical clinic in Red Hook, just minutes from the Villa. Their number is 340-775-2303.
Less than 1% of the population in St. Thomas was ever infected with Zika. It is always a good idea to use bug spray, provided for you at the the villa, and keep the screen doors closed.